Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Middle School

In middle school i ran track the two years that I could. the middles schools had a rule that you were not able to participate in sports when you are in 6th grade...Which i thin is a rather weird rule to have. But anyways, I think that running when I was middles school was a really good starting block for me. The coaches were always very willing to help you on something that you had a question about. They taught you all the basic that you needed to know in track, with everything from how to start your and the correct way to finish your race. Believe it or not there are many things that go into tack. Sometimes there are so many thing to think about when you are running your head feels like it is going to explode. Another good thing about track in middle school was you got to meet people and make new friends.

One thing the coaches taught you in middle school was how to use your blocks properly. although I didn't feel like I really had a handel on how to use them properly. So I felt if i didn't know how to use them right I would just start my race with out the blocks. The first time I did that was not such a good idea. I had ended up getting first place but, my coaches still thought that I could have done better if I would have used the blocks to start. I guess I probably would have, but its not my fault they didn't teach me right the first time!!

Something that I am very proud of in middle school track was setting the city record for the 100 meter dash. if I am remembering correctly I had the time of 12.9. I think I might still hold that record today and it was set in 2003. That would have been when I was in 8th grade at Franklin Middle School.

No comments: