Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Mind

I think to play any sport you have to be mentally strong enough. There are many different things that people really don't think about when they think of sports and just playing them. typically you would just think of the physical part and how strong you have to be to play. yes you do how to be physically strong that is very important but you can be strong but everything can be ruined if you mind is not in the right place or thinking the right thing. But being mentally prepared for "the big game" or the qualifying race can play a big part in how you perform that day. Just for not being in the right mind state or over thinking things can make you lose that race or the big game. there is a lot more to being able to be in sports then you really think.

When thinking before my races I get to thinking about my running forms and if I am going to beat the people standing next to me. Most of the time i like to tell myself that i can beat them and it is going to be no problem, but i know sometimes that is not the best way to think. You have to know that you are going to have to work for what you want. If you want to get first place you will have to push yourself and get that first place. When running your race or playing that game you can't over think everything because if you were to think to much you can't concentrate on one thing that you need to really focus on. for example before i go out to run my race i say to myself that i really need to push myself out of the blocks and just go! If i think that's and have a good start usually i do most of the other things right...like not standing up right away or moving my arms across my body instead at the sides. You have to clear your mind of everything that happened that day or everything personal. and just focus on that one thing that will make you do better overall. Another thing you have to think of mentally is not over thinking the people you are about to compete against. when going out on to the track and thinking it is going to be no problem and I could take everyone on the track would not be right for me to think...Just by doing that i would go out and not run my hardest because I would be telling myself that it is no problem and i don't have to work as hard. You may not know it but the mind plays a bigger role int hings than you would think!!

You should always work as if you were running or playing against the world camp!

No comments: