Thursday, April 9, 2009

Iowa City West Meet

I was right this last meet on Tuesday was one of the coldest meets that i have been to. In order to get warm i had to run four laps which is a mile and stretch, but by the time i was done stretching half the time i was cold again. The team over all ended up placing 5th place. sometime this year i want to place better then 5th. In my mind i think of that as failing. We can improve on many things that will make us place higher up.
This time a team mate and i switched individual events that we usually run. So i ran the 100 meter dash and she ran the 200 meter dash. After running this 100 i decided that the 200 is more of my thing and I'm not a big fan of running 100s anymore. It was my first race of the night and i know that is no excuse to do bad, but it was part of the reason. Another factor that i had to take into consideration was that it was only about 30 degrees outside. I didn't feel like i was loose and ready to go..this is all my fault not warming up good enough. I ended up placing 3rd out of 8. that's not horrible, but still that is not the place i would prefer to get.
Now for my other two races that i ran. The other two where the 4x200 and the 4x100. In these events we ended up placing 3rd once again. 3rd place just doesn't fly in my book because i know we can earn and work for that 2nd or even first place spot. we all had very good legs, but i think if we were to replace out 3rd leg runner with someone faster we would have a team that is better. oh well i guess we will have to wait and see what happens this next meet!!

No comments: